List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] network access problem
From:       Pavel Ivanov <paivanof () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-27 18:00:42

> a)  There are no other processes or connections accessing this db. There are no \
> journals or writing being done to any db across this or any connection.  Both in \
> the virtual world and the host pc.

You didn't get Roger's words correctly. Although you don't have any
other processes or journals SQLite itself doesn't know that. So it
should always obtain a SHARED lock on database. Also while opening
database it should check if database has RESERVED lock on it (to
understand if it needs to rollback journal). As you can see in SQLite
sources all these operations result in some sequence of read and write
locks on some ranges of bytes inside database file. So apparently your
virtual box reacts on those locks differently than normal Windows
system would have and SQLite doesn't understand how to deal with that.

Pavel