List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] Nested Inner Join Help
From:       Kees Nuyt <k.nuyt () zonnet ! nl>
Date:       2009-07-03 8:17:22

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 00:53:12 +0100, Ed Hawke
<edward.hawke@hawkeyeinnovations.co.uk> wrote:

>Thank you again Igor.
>
>By run-time defined fields I meant column names that SQL would not
>recognise until the query was executed, and therefore are only defined
>when the statement is "run". I am aware that this is probably not the
>correct terminology.

You can only bind values to predetermined columns.
The table names and column names in a sqlite_prepared
statement are static and can't be replaced by placeholders.

In other words, there are sqlite3_bind_*() functions for all
types of values but nothing like sqlite3_bind_tablename() or
sqlite3_bind_columnname().

http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/funclist.html
--
  (  Kees Nuyt