List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    [sqlite] Sqlite .import not ignoring extra fields
From:       "BOB_GOREN" <Bob.Goren () amtote ! com>
Date:       2009-03-30 21:37:56

With sqlite 2.8, the copy command would ignore extra fields at the end.
How can I do this with .import in sqlite 3.11?  Many of the files I am
importing have trailing field separators.  Others may have extra data.
The files are too big for me to want a separate pass to trim off the
trailing fields.

This email, and any documents or data attached hereto, is intended for the \
addressee(s) only. It may contain confidential and/or privileged information and no \
rights or obligations have been waived by the sender. Any copying, distribution, \
taking of action in reliance on, other use of the information contain in this email \
by persons other than the intended addressee(s) is prohibited. If you have received \
this email in error, please reply to the sender by email and immediately delete or \
destroy all copies of this email, along with any attached documents or data. \