List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] SQLite vs. Oracle (parallelized)
From:       Ken <kennethinbox-sqlite () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-02-23 21:47:24

I fully agree with DRH regarding SQLITE and single user performance. If you need to \
replace  fopen then sqlite is a really really great product. Even if you have some \
mild concurrency sqlite still does pretty darned good.

Oracle excels when you have many users that require concurrent database changes.

Oracle performs row level locking and Multi-Versioning on data blocks to achieve \
concurrency.

Oracle can perform Parallel queries. But the best usage of parallel query is for full \
table scans where the entire table is read. And there are equally sized segments for \
scanning by the query slaves. Other wise parallel query probably won't help much.