List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] nested transactions
From:       "D. Richard Hipp" <drh () hwaci ! com>
Date:       2009-01-02 12:26:25

On Jan 2, 2009, at 12:28 AM, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 08:19:01PM -0500, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
>
>> FWIW, nested transactions (in the form of SAVEPOINTs) will appear in
>> the next SQLite release, which we hope to get out by mid-January.
>
> Is that going to be 4.0.x then?  I'm assuming there will need to be
> incompatible file format changes sooner or later.

This will be a point release:  3.6.8.  There are no
incompatibilities.  An important aspect of our social contract is that
SQLite continues to be compatible moving forward.  There are hundreds
of millions of SQLite3 databases in the world, and we do not want to
abandon them.

D. Richard Hipp
drh@hwaci.com