List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] using sqlite open  two .db file at the same time
From:       Kees Nuyt <k.nuyt () zonnet ! nl>
Date:       2008-12-25 11:26:34

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 21:34:58 -0800 (PST), Thomas Feng
<feng.thomas@yahoo.com> wrote in General Discussion of
SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>:

>In my system, I  using sqlite (version 3.5.9)  to manage data.
>Could anybody tell me that  when I open  2 .db file at the same time ,
>could I writing the 2 dabatase at the same time?

You could.
> sqlite3 db1.db
ATTACH 'db2.db' AS db2
BEGIN;
UPDATE tableA .....; -- main database
INSERT INTO db2.tableB ......;
COMMIT;

>Another question is  that if I allocate 1M bytes memory
>for sqlite, what's the size of memory sqlite consume
>when i open 2 .db file at the same time?

That is mainly determined by the page cache and can be
influenced with PRAGMA page_size and PRAGMA
[default_]cache_size.
Every database connection has its own page cache.
You'll have to add up the memory consumption.

http://www.sqlite.org/arch.html

--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )