List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] SQLITE3_OPEN returns SQLITE_NOMEM
From:       "Nuno Lucas" <ntlucas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-22 13:43:49

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:13 PM, sqlite <kartthikeyan.s@dexterity.in> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have just started using the SQLite Db in my applications. My application
> runs under MIPS processor. I have generated the Sqlite3.dll and Sqlite3.lib
> file for the MIPS processor and it is geting compiled. When i use
> Sqlit3_Open function to open a DB, it fails with the error message
> SQLITE_NOMEM. But the same code is running fine in the Windows mode. How
> should i rectify this? Can anyone help me in this regard.

From another mail I received privately, it seems this is related to
ticket #2479 [1]

In  a nutshell, some WinCE devices (either customized or old devices)
don't know how to convert UTF-8 to UTF-16, so the utf8ToUnicode() and
unicodeToUtf8() functions must be re-implemented (either using my
untested patch or any other way).

Also of interest is that Win95 and early Win98 machines also lack this
conversion because it's an Internet Explorer upgrade that includes
this capability to the system (but as every machine badly needs those
IE upgrades, it should not be a problem).

If you use only the UTF-16 API then it should work (if it's the same problem).

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas

[1] http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=2479