List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] disk image malformed
From:       Kevin Schmeichel <schmeic () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-06-28 17:54:36

  I recently reported a similar error.  After
upgrading to sqlite3, I noticed that I would
occassionally get the "database disk image is
malformed" errors using the library code.  I just
closed/reopened the db, retried the query and always
had success on the retry.  No idea why - D. Richard
Hipp says that it's not possible for a database to be
temporarily corrupt.

  I've also sometimes observed a "some_table doesn't
exist" error.  Closing/reopening and retrying the
query also always works.

  I think that it's a good idea to have a wrapper
around the sqlite library that will retry queries a
few times if they don't return SQLITE_OK.  This is
especially useful in the cases when the db is busy but
the busy handler isn't called (because apparently that
would cause deadlock).

Kevin