List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    [sqlite] Windows Shares again... (SQLITE 2.8)
From:       Christian Kienle <christian-kienle () losg ! org>
Date:       2005-01-28 15:36:37

Hi all,

I have a small windows network here. On every computer I install a
client which should access a sqlite database (the same one).

The sqlite database is located in on a server and the clients connect
to this server through a windows share. My app tries to open the
database which is located on the server. But it doens't work.

I use Qt/C++ for this. Qt provides a SQLITE driver which uses (default)
the sqlite libs 2.8. And I dont want to change that. I know that SQLITE
3.x is much better but I have to stick with the current version.

So what to do? I am not able to receive an error message with Qt/C++ -
well I am able but the last error message is empty.
In general it should be possible to do it via a windows share (I asked
this in a previous post) but well - here it doesn't work :(

So my question: Are there known problems when doing that? Are there
workarounds?

I am not "allowed" to install a real database server because of several
reasons.

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards, Christian Kienle (QtForum.org)