List:       sqlite-announce
Subject:    [sqlite-announce] SQLite version 3.5.6
From:       drh () hwaci ! com
Date:       2008-02-06 17:05:53

SQLite version 3.5.6 is now available on the website.

    http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

There is very little change from version 3.5.5.  The reason
for this release is that there was a regression in the virtual
table mechanism that prevented virtual tables from being used
in LEFT OUTER JOINs.  And there were some updates to the OS/2
driver.  Also, I bungled the release of version 3.5.5 such that
some users downloaded copies of 3.5.4 that were labeled 3.5.5.

We have still not encountered any bugs in new register-based
virtual machine.  You might recall that this was a huge change
moving from version 3.5.4 to 3.5.5 and there was some concern
that the change my destablize the core.  But such concern is
now past.  Version 3.5.6 is recommended for all users and is
consider stable and ready for production release.

As always, please report any problems to this mailing list,
or directly to me.

--
D. Richard Hipp <drh@hwaci.com>