List:       spike
Subject:    [Spike] getting Spike 2.8 running *or* help this newbie!
From:       Byron Sonne <bsonne () fscinternet ! com>
Date:       2003-06-03 20:21:38

Greetings,

I work as a security researcher and after reading through docs and stuff
about SPIKE I'm very, very interested. It looks like you've written
something to take care of the exact problems I'm having.

I'm having a hell of a time getting SPIKE v2.8 up and running. I'd like
to consider myself a smart guy but there must be something I'm missing.
I've read through all the instructions I could find in the source tree
and no luck so far. I'm running Debian 3.0 2.4.19-xfs #5.

After fixing what appears to be a few syntax errors in some of the
files, I'm left with this error:

     /usr/lib/python2.1/regsub.py:15: DeprecationWarning: the regsub
module is deprecated; please use re.sub()
      DeprecationWarning)
     Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "SPIKE_Console.py", line 18, in ?
         from runspkwizard import RunSPKWizard
       File "./runspkwizard.py", line 4, in ?
         from wxWizard import *
       File "/usr/lib/python2.1/wxWizard.py", line 3, in ?
         from wxPython.wizard import *
     ImportError: No module named wizard

I can't find the 'wxPython.wizard' file anywhere. I've STFW as well.
I've never used Python before either. I suppose you had good reasons for
making the procedure to get SPIKE running so complex, but could you give
me a few pointers? Thanks.

Regards,
Byron

BTW, If it helps, you can consider me a complete idiot for the purposes
of educating me on how to get this working