List:       spike
Subject:    Re: [Spike] Definitive How-To for Spike
From:       fr0stman <fr0stman () sun-tzu-security ! net>
Date:       2002-11-07 17:38:17

I've written a SpikeUsage text doc to get you started with the basics. Dave
you may have more you want to add to this.

On Thursday 07 November 2002 12:15, Jeremy Junginger wrote:
> Hey guys, could you point me to a comprehensive how-to document for
> spike?  I am interested in using it but am unfamiliar with its
> capabilities and methods.  Thanks,
>
> -Jeremy

fr0stman
["SpikeUsage.txt" (text/plain)]

			Spike Proxy Win32 Usage Guide:

Unzip the full package into C:\ this should create a folder called "spikeproxy". If you want to
unzip it to another drive other than C:\ you will have to edit the runme.bat files within the
package.

Start SpikeProxy by executing the runme.bat file in C:\spikeproxy\.

Check that the directory C:\SPIKEProxy\spkproxy\spikeProxyUI\ is empty. There's a cleanup.bat
for this but I prefer a manual check.

Now setup your browser to use this as a proxy. (host: 127.0.0.1 port 8080 for HTTP/HTTPS)

Now browse through your site you want to test putting things like asdf asdf into User/Password fields
and submitting them.

Once you have browsed the complete site or files you want to test point your browser to
http://spike

This is the user interface where you can perform all the actions.

Everything else is straight forward. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.
fr0stman@sun-tzu-security.net

Here's a breakdown of the functions:

argscan: Scan arguments passed to scripts for injection vulns.

dirscan: Scan for common directories and files such as /admin or global.asa

overflow: Insert large strings into variables and headers looking for vulns.

vulnxml: try whisker/nikto based type attacks against the server.