List:       sparcbook
Subject:    [SPARCbook] Booting from a PCMCIA IDE disk
From:       Colin Scott colin_scott99 () yahoo ! com
Date:       1999-08-31 15:37:42

Has anybody managed to install Solaris 2.6 to a PCMCIA
disk and boot from it sucessfully?

I have a whole load of 2.5" disks and I want to use a
PCMCIA IDE card to attach one of them to my SparcBook.
Is this a workable setup?

I only have a 428MB SCSI internal disk so I don't have
an IDE to SCSI converter. I would be willing to swap a
2GB 2.5" disk for an empty sled with an IDE to SCSI
converter if anyone has a spare.

Colin