List:       sparc-redhat
Subject:    RE: Sound on an SS2 with RH6.2
From:       "Mike Hebel" <druaga () pmail ! net>
Date:       2000-12-15 15:31:52

In fact the setting you need to change is play.port - I think for mixerctl
this is output.port instead but you get the idea.
(http://www.rocketaware.com/man/man1/mixerctl.1.htm)

Here's a note on audioctl: (Solaris but should still be accurate.)

http://www.cs.rit.edu/~hpb/Man/_Man_Solaris_2.6_html/html7d/dbri.7d.html

An OpenBSD version:

http://www.rocketaware.com/man/man1/audioctl.1.htm

And finally here's a page that will at least point you in the right
direction:

http://www.dementia.org/~shadow/sparcaudio.html

The above page also has a link to the audioctl source RPM in case you want
to re-compile it.

Hope these help better and sorry about being vague earlier - I wasn't near a
Linux box until last night.

Sincerely,

Mike Hebel