List:       sparc-redhat
Subject:    RE: Ethernet Error "Happy Meal"
From:       "Fields, Mike" <mike.fields () nomura ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-08-25 14:15:27

What else is on the network?

We used to have, like last year, problems with Ultras running Solaris, using
an hme interface (capable of 10 or 100 mbit), and Sparc 5/10/20 running
SunOs, with le interfaces (only 10 mbit), whereby the SunOs boxes used to
register 'giant packets' and the interface used to hang for a couple of
minutes. We never really sorted out the problem....but it was something to
do with the Ultras/Solaris/hme combination reducing/skipping the 'inter
packet gap' - so depending on what else is on your network....

Mike