List:       sparc-redhat
Subject:    Re: dimension of a CDROM drive for a SS5
From:       Chris Albertson <chrisja () jps ! net>
Date:       2000-06-23 17:43:08

patrick CAUJAN wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a SS5 without internal CDROM drive ....
> Last week i 've installed one SONY CDU inside my SS5 ... It works fine but
> unfortunatly i'm not be able to close my box, because the drive was too big !!!
>
> So does anyone knows the exact dimension of a CDROM drive for a SS5 ?

It takes a "slim line" drive.  One inch tall.  Also there is a mounting kit
that makes it so you can just snap the drive into the box and pull it out
with no tools.  I have seen Sun 1 inch, 4x drives sell for $35.00 on the
'net.  Look around.
--
   --Chris Albertson             home: chrisja@jps.net
     Redondo Beach, California   work: calbertson@logicon.com