List:       sparc-redhat
Subject:    Re: RedHat 6.1 on an IPX
From:       jdickins () usit ! net
Date:       1999-12-29 1:33:36

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "double terminating" the bus...I know that the IPX
has terminating resistors on its motherboard. That terminates one side of the scsi
chain. What I'm not sure of is how is the external scsi device and the internal
hard drive are terminated WHEN you use both. Seeing that the internal chain is
always terminated...like this

external termintor (plugged into) <--> cd-rom <--> internal term <--> hard drive
termintor

what type of termination did you give the hard drive? there are several options.

many thanks,
jim