List:       sparc-redhat
Subject:    Re: floppy boot probs
From:       Phillip Heller <pheller () mail ! csonline ! net>
Date:       1998-05-29 19:20:23

At 02:02 PM 5/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am attempting to install Linux for sparc on my SS1 with 16MB RAM. When I
>boot of floppy I get the folowing output before poping back in the
>openboot prompt:
>
>partition check:
>RAMDISK Compressed image found at block 600
> incomplete literal tree
>invalid comressed format (err=1)<5>FVS: Inser root floppy and press ENTER
>
>then on the top of the screen, I get:
>Watchdog reset
>Access Exception.

Try making another boot floppy.  Are you doing the NFS, CD, Hard Drive, or
FTP based install?  I've been stuck at trying to install from the install
menu for several days.  It seems that none of the methods are working for
me.  I've got a Sparc 1+ with 16 meg of ram, so let me know how things work
out for you... it might help me out in the long run.

Later,
  Phil
  pheller@csonline.net