List:       sparc-redhat
Subject:    Re: Memory problem fixed, now on to Redhat installation
From:       Kendrick Vargas <kvarga01 () cs ! fiu ! edu>
Date:       1998-05-29 5:35:03

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Phillip Heller wrote:

> Well, I did finally get Omni-NFS running on my NT box.  I ftpd the whole
> redhat-4.2/sparc directory from sunsite, put it in /sparc on my machine and
> then exported it.  When I finally got to the installation of packages, it
> installed 2 or 3 packages and then started failing at anon-ftp.  I checked
> file sizes on my machine and they match both the file sizes on sunsite and
> redhat.  Anyone got a clue here?  I thought it might be a evaluation version
> limitation of the NFS server, so I tried FTP and got the same problem.
> Unfortunately SMB was not an option.

The only thing that I remember giving me a problem like that was when I
had an (unsupported I suppose) EIDE card and data was being lost on the
hard drive. Even after I'd gotten a complete working install, the
filesystem would get more and more corrupted after each boot... But I
doubt this is the case... Sorry, I have nothing else to offer...
			-peace