List:       sparc-redhat
Subject:    Re: installing from hard disk
From:       Matthew Ross Davis <mdavis () info ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1998-05-21 13:04:54

> It probably will be ext2, simply type 'mount' without arguments, and
> look for the partition your files are on. There will be the information
> 'type xyz' next to it, this would read 'type ext2'.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that. However, it looks like it's not ext2, in
fact, none of them are:

	/dev/sd0a on / type 4.2 (rw)
	/dev/sd0g on /usr type 4.2 (rw)
	/dev/sd0d on /var type 4.2 (rw)
	/dev/sd0h on /local type 4.2 (rw)
	/dev/sd1c on /local2 type 4.2 (rw)

I'm only familiar with installing Linux on an intel box, so I appreciate
your patience with me here, but don't all these need to be ext2 to run
linux swap and linux native filesystems on them?

| | m - a - t - t - h - e - w | r - o - s - s | d - a - v - i - s | |
| | http://www.artswire.org/mrd | | | | | | | UMD school of music | |
| | m-e-t-a-t-r-o-n p-r-e-s-s | | | http://www.artswire.org/comma | |