List:       spambayes-dev
Subject:    [spambayes-dev] Duplicate E-Mails
From:       tim.one () comcast ! net (Tim Peters)
Date:       2003-12-22 15:50:57

[Ira L. Gidon]
> I am running on a laptop using Windows XP.
> I am using Outlook 2002 SP-2 for e-mail.
>
> I installed Spambayes and I start getting duplicate e-mails (same
> e-mail with same date/time stamp). It appears that there is a delay
> in notifying my exchange server that the e-mail has been downloaded.
> I can sometimes get 3 or 4 copies of the same e-mail. This definitely
> started at the same time as the installation of Spambeyes.
>
> I was hoping someone can provide me with a solution.

Try SpamBayes -> SpamBayes Manager ... -> Advanced and check the "Enable
background filtering" box.  That cures a lot of strange Outlook symptoms,
and will be enabled by default the next time the Outlook addin is released.
I don't know whether it will cure your problem (I've never seen it happen
myself), but it's easy to try.