List:       spambayes
Subject:    [Spambayes] Naive Question
From:       creed () kgrmlaw ! com (Charles Reed)
Date:       2009-03-11 16:34:44

Spambayes is terrific (especially to me, a lawyer whose computer expertise
is frozen back in the DOS days).  But it seems to have an inexplicable
problem for me.  About 20-30% of the mail filtered into the Suspected Spam
personal folder is valid mail from senders who routinely communicate with
me.  I would have thought that I could add such senders (or their domains)
to a safe sender list that would be bypassed in Spambayes filtering process.
Despite a diligent search of your FAQ material, I couldn't find any
reference to the issue.  (I thought either Spambayes has a way of tagging
safe senders and domains, or that it filters email only after it has been
filtered through another application's safe list (I use Outlook, which, as
you know, allows you build such a list).

Can you please tell me if there is anyway I can create such a safe list that
Spambayes will bypass.  (Incidentally, I routinely move such mail into the
Inbox (which, according to your materials says that this further trains
Spambayes.  It seems not to do so, because in many cases the same senders
are appearing in the questioned spam folder.)

Th9s would enormously enhance the usefulness of Spambayes for me.  In time,
the safe list would catch most of the false hits that Spambayes now throws
into the questionable folder.

Charles

Privilege and Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is from Kile Goekjian Reed
& McManus, PLLC. It is intended for the named addressee(s) only.  It may
contain privileged, confidential or "insider" information, the use,
disclosure, or copying of which is not authorized and could be illegal.  If
you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us by
return e-mail.

Charles D. Reed

Kile Goekjian Reed & McManus, pllc

1200 New Hampshire Avenue, NW