List:       spambayes
Subject:    [Spambayes] x-lookup-ip extension
From:       skip () pobox ! com (skip at pobox ! com)
Date:       2006-07-27 18:59:23

    Matt> I'm very ready to believe that having the cache persist makes a
    Matt> lot of difference given how Skip uses it.

Correct.  I run my train-to-exhaustion script which retrains on my entire
training database.  Not having the ip addresses cached to disk means that
runs slow every time.  I suspect the same would be true of any full-retrain
mechanism with x-lookup-ip enabled.  If you're just training or scoring on
individual messages or have a long-running process like the pop3 proxy that
keeps the cache alive in memory the incremental cost is probably not bad.

Skip