List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Yahoo - Can't figure out a server is down?
From:       " () lbutlr" <kremels () kreme ! com>
Date:       2017-03-07 14:24:00

On 2017-03-06 (04:38 MST), Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 06.03.2017 um 12:35 schrieb @lbutlr:
> > On 2017-03-04 (23:32 MST), Rob Gunther <redrob@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > In the last few weeks we are finding that SOME (but not all) of Yahoo's \
> > > outbound servers are not dealing with this correctly.
> >
> > This may not work for you, but I solved all my yahoo problems by simply blocking \
> > their servers with a nice message about over a billion accounts being leaked.
> > But yahoo was less than 1% of my traffic (and most of that was spam or at least \
> > unwanted email). The only things I get "from" Yahoo anymore are list messages.
>
> fine for a server hosting email for you, your wife and your dog but not for anybody \
> else.... on the server for your wife and dog you could even reject anything which \
> is not whitelisted to start with...

I have a few more accounts than that, but yes, as I said, "this might not work for \
you."

I blacklisted Roadrunner about 20 years ago and they are still blocked. I'm not sure \
roadrunner still exists, but I haven't seen them hit the block in years (I do see \
them hit the RBLs, so either they exist and are still spam-friendly or they are used \
as fake helo's by spammers, I haven't looked into it.

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.