List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Bayes expiry vs. sync, again
From:       RW <rwmaillists () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2016-03-17 13:55:25

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:00:22 -0700
Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> I am sorry to return to this horse which has perhaps been beaten
> enough.  But I still don't know and don't understand (_after_ reading
> the docs) if I can, at the same time:
>
> 1. completely disable expiry

You can only disable automatic expiry, although you could just set the
token limit ridiculously high.

> 2. force a sync of the journal
>
> I just saw with my own eyes that passing --sync to sa-learn does _not_
> necessarily force one.

What exactly did you see happen? If you can reproduce it, try running
with the -D option.

>  But I don't want to pass --force-expire because of 1.

If you mean you you were contemplating running  --force-expire purely
to get a sync as a side-effect, I don't think that would make any
difference. --force-expire simply implies --sync in the options
handling.