List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: non-English sender and body
From:       Antony Stone <Antony.Stone () spamassassin ! open ! source ! it>
Date:       2015-07-12 21:51:51

On Sunday 12 July 2015 at 23:25:04 (EU time), James wrote:

> >> It's heartwarming (in a sense) to see that there are people so confident
> >> in the absolute security of their systems that they are happy to let any
> >> process on a server write to files that other processes are supposed to
> >> trust.
> >>
> >> For folks who don't actually have that sort of confidence, it is
> >> generally a better approach to figure out the set of users who actually
> >> require read and/or write access to the Bayes DB and use ownership,
> >> groups, ACLs, su, sudo or whatever you might need to get rid of that
> >> third 7

> I saw the instructions on
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SiteWideBayesSetup

"many use world RWX to simplify this, but this is insecure and not
recommended"

You think maybe that should be put in bold so people might then read it?

Antony.

--
Tinned food was developed for the British Navy in 1813.

The tin opener was not invented until 1858.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.