List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: How to report spam to mailspike
From:       Linda Walsh <sa-user () tlinx ! org>
Date:       2014-08-30 1:03:26

Dave Warren wrote:
> On 2014-08-29 02:38, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
>> So what should I do in your opinion? I'm getting spam to my private
>> spamtrap so I can't fill fields about company - it doesn't matter where
>> I'm hired for reporting spam. What if I would be unemployed? Then I
>> would have to lie about company? IMHO it is the way to hinder sending
>> complaints from users.
>
> If you're not willing
---
I think perception may be "am not able"... ?
> to provide the information they request, and they won't accept an
> inquiry without it, then you're left with a different choice: 1) Do
> nothing, 2) Cease using the service.
>
> From their perspective, either the policy will ...
---
If they really mean company then it helps them target companies for
their own advertising.

> If I'm acting on my own behalf, I'd put "Personal" or "None" or "N/A"
> into a form, and if it's not accepted, oh well.
---
Ditto on this... Company "Self" has been in business for decades!  ;-)

"They" are definitely a "Service provider"... (think of all the things
'self' does for you!) ;-)  Corporation was a way of "embodying" a
business practice
to give it human rights... but you are already "embodied", thus incorporated
(no offense to the non-corporeal beings reading this list).  I'm sure
you govern yourself
as well if you want to get technical, so if they want to be technical,
so can others...

Then again, are they worth the bother?