List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    RE: Upgrading to SA 3.4.0 on Ubuntu Precise (12.04)
From:       Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller () ci ! juneau ! ak ! us>
Date:       2014-08-26 0:32:22

Had a similar question on another list (MailWatch for MailScanner).  I received the \
following reply:

============
"Centos 5.x and 6.x
Source installs the binary in /usr/local/bin/ so you might need a symlink for \
/usr/bin/spamassassin if you are using Mailwatch or you might need to edit your \
MailWatch conf.php for the location of SA." ============

I removed the existing spamassassin (rpm -e...) then installed from source.  It was \
pretty easy.  I edited the update routines which took more time than it should.  In \
hindsight, a couple of symlinks would have been smarter.

There was also a bug in the razor2 module.  It was a quick fix - just a typo in the \
module .  I'll see if I can dig it up tomorrow.  Other than that, it went pretty \
smoothly...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.