List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: SA-Learn - OT (slightly) Bash Script help needed
From:       Arthur Dent <misc.lists () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2014-05-29 11:21:42

On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 12:04 +0100, Giles Coochey wrote:
> On 29/05/2014 11:43, Axb wrote:
> > On 05/29/2014 12:22 PM, Arthur Dent wrote:
> >
> >> So...
> >>
> >> Will this work for sa-learn?
> >>
> >> ============================8<============================================================
> >>
> >> # Proposed sa-learn maildir script
> >> #!/bin/bash
> >>
> >> sa-learn --ham ~/Maildir/.Hobby/{cur,new}
> >> sa-learn --ham ~/Maildir/.{Misc,Personal,etc}.*/{cur,new}
> >> sa-learn --spam ~/Maildir/.Malware.*/{cur,new}
> >> ============================8<============================================================
> >>

> > "new" means unread - you really want to run sa-learn on stuff you
> > haven't looked at? (as in "learning false negatives as ham?")
> >
> If it was his Inbox then perhaps it would be best to avoid "new", but a
> lot of the time stuff that is "unread" in other folders generally means
> that it has been looked at - perhaps not totally read, or perhaps put
> aside for later inspection.
> For me, I use "unread / read" as a marker to whether I have actioned a
> particular email and keep messages "unread" until such time that they
> are dealt with.

Yes, quite right. All the stuff in each of those mbox files has been
either put there manually, or by a well-tested procmail recipe from
known contacts etc. I do sometimes file an unread message for later
reading, so I think I will need "new".

The (very few) FNs that slip through get hand-filed be me into the
Malware/Spam mbox and get re-learned on the next run of the script
(every night).

So - is the syntax correct for a maildir format?
In particular will it work with the current structure (i.e. will the
line "sa-learn --ham ~/Maildir/.{Misc,Personal,etc}.*/{cur,new}"
correctly catch:
.Misc.Clubs.cur
.Misc.Clubs.new
.Misc.Car.cur