List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Help with body rule
From:       Alex <mysqlstudent () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-29 4:43:33

Hi,

> I'm used to a buffer being a __CHUNK (using your rule example) of

> > text, or the first 4k or so, not up to the first two line breaks, so I
> > was confused.
>
> You are confused, indeed. And confusing body for rawbody rules. So much
> for the pun. ;)
>
> The terms I were using are directly derived from the official docs and
> code. Hence the "chunks" of 1-2 kByte in rawbody context. Internal
> representations of the message, suited for the various types of rules
> and processing. Which is entirely separate from the buffered (sic), raw
> pristine input, that will eventually be returned with added headers.
>
> In the context of SA rules, there is no buffer.

I'm going to be wrecked in the morning from lack of sleep at this point,
but I do understand what you're saying. In between following the whole
Snowden thing this evening.

I understood the "buffer" is the 1-2k area where the rawbody content is
stored, not the low-level "buffered" data space before it's processed.
Thanks for the proper terminology.

> There are body rules, regular expressions matched against strings which
> comprise a "paragraph" of rendered text. Traditional style, compare with
> this very (plain!) text.
>
> And there are rawbody rules, regular expressions matched against chunks
> of the textual MIME-parts. "Chunks" of the raw textual parts, that are
> at least 1024 byte in size, and commonly delimited by a newline.

Yes, and I'm sorry I left you with an indication I didn't know at least
that.

> I'll send you a pastebin sample off-list, in case you have a chance to
> look in the morning :-)

Scratch "morning", make that "some time of the day". Local time. And
> individually felt timezone.

That was my effort to prod you a bit, but I accept that :-)

Thanks,
Alex