List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Not sure if this is old or new
From:       Simon Loewenthal <simon () klunky ! co ! uk>
Date:       2011-09-22 9:14:59

On 09/22/2011 10:59 AM, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:08:42 +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
> <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>
>> On 20.09.11 18:57, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
>>> I moved SA to a newer box and have the following output in my logs:
>>> http://pastebin.com/VvZfXwAC
>>>
>>> Apologies if I'm being dense, but is there a way to trace what may be
>>> causing this, not the specifics of parentheses or == but the
>>> particular rule?
>>>
>>> All (printable) help gratefully received.
>>
>> #
>> Compile was succesful. Restarting spamd
>> #
>> Stopping spamd: [  OK  ]
>> #
>> Starting spamd: [  OK  ]
>>
>> I don't see your problem.
> Lines 46 to 63. I am guessing one of my rules has an issue, Wondering
> if there is a way to figure out which rule is triggering this.
>
> body_0.xs: In function
> 'XS_Mail__SpamAssassin__CompiledRegexps__body_0_scan':
> body_0.xs:123: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
> truth value

I don't think that this is anything to fret about.  Probably some code
that uses an assignment = {}, but often is a typo for something else

eg.

if (a = b) {...}
This is correct but sometimes the programmer might mean
Its pointing out a possible confusion.
The warning is pointing out that he might want the latter.
As I have demonstrated above, Google is yours and mine friend ;)

My programming is poor, so I am certain someone will point out whether I
am wrong or right.

--
	Email  simon AT klunky DOT co DOT uk
	PGP is optional: 4BA78604