List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: bayes_learn_to_journal 1
From:       RW <rwmaillists () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-27 17:27:24

On Thu, 27 May 2010 10:53:52 -0500
Matt <lm7812@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does 'bayes_learn_to_journal 1' in local.cf do anything yet?  I
> thought in past it helped save on disk I/O

Then, do you mean "does it do anything *still*"? Have you any reason to
think it doesn't?

AFAIK the journal is only used for the db backend, and the point of it
is to avoid frequent write-locking. The default is to only journal token
timestamps, which are only needed during expiry. bayes_learn_to_journal
journals all updates, but then learning doesn't take effect until the
sync is done.