List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Off Topic - SPF - What a Disaster
From:       Benny Pedersen <me () junc ! org>
Date:       2010-02-27 23:15:51

On Sat 27 Feb 2010 06:13:58 PM CET, Marc Perkel wrote

> You're making the assumption that the person who has the recipient
> domain has any control over the SPF rules. What often happens is
> that one domain is on a server with 1000 other domains and the
> hosting compant controls the rules.

such life i dont have

> So if you say forward your old comcast account to your new domain
> then the new domain rejects all your good comcast email because of
> SPF.

then recipient domain MUST whitelist the forward IP to make sure SPF
still works, no matter what domain is being forwarded from that IP
will not being spf fail then, or if thats impossible add the forward
ip to the sender domain spf record

> Or if you use my spam filtering service or Postini or some other
> filter and forward service then restrictive SPF breaks that to.

i dont need it :)

--
xpoint http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html