List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Convert Spamhaus lookups to use local datafeed zone
From:       Kris Deugau <kdeugau () vianet ! ca>
Date:       2009-12-28 20:55:18

Michael Scheidell wrote:
> just set up a master zone for *.spamhaus.org, then you don't have to
> change anything.

... until you try to visit their website.  You'd have to set up local
zen.spamhaus.org, xbl.spamhaus.org, pbl.spamhaus.org, and sbl.spamhaus.org.

Their datafeed FAQ recommends creating a wholly local zone to use for
your local services;  this also lets you compare the datafeed lookups
with the public-server lookups while testing or as a crosscheck if the
datafeed rsync process reports an error.  It also means you're *sure*
you're using the local copy of the data, not the public mirrors.

Any direct answers to my original question - did I get all of the
references to zen.spamhaus.org and any sublists?

-kgd