List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: I hate Spam Assassin, don't know how it got on my
From:       "James Butler" <james () musicforhumans ! com>
Date:       2008-10-28 18:19:58

Thank you, Rev. Mitleid.

It does appear that your MAIL service provider, capital.net, is indeed using \
SpamAssassin, and that your message indicated below has been identified as spam and \
blocked by capital.net. You should send that same data to your representative at your \
ACCESS provider (ISP), Logical.net, and ask them about it. I do not know how \
Logical.net is set up, or if capital.net is one of its affiliates.

If it is blocking ALL of your mail from going out, then the information you posted \
will help them identify your issue. Your first message indicated that it was a \
sporadic problem with some of your clients, and your second message indicates that \
you are now completely unable to send mail through that mail server. This sounds like \
what was initially a small issue with the contents of your messages (recognized as \
spam) and, when you kept trying to send out the "spam"-classified messages, \
capital.net finally had enough, and has "blacklisted" your IP address, because they \
think you are a spammer.

Only they (capital.net) can clear that up for you.

As far as moving forward with sending more messages to your clients, you should \
endeavour to educate yourself about WHY your messages are being classified as spam, \
and learn to write messages that are less "spammy". I suggest this because even if \
you succeed in getting off the "black list", you will undoubtedly end up back on it \
again as soon as you start to send messages that are similar in content to the ones \
that caused the condition in the first place.

James Butler
Internet Society - Los Angeles Chapter
Chairman of the Board
jbutler@isoc-la.org