List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Vars for Custom Plugins
From:       Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+sa () ijs ! si>
Date:       2008-05-27 11:18:39

Justin Mason wrote:
> Actually, I think we have a (semi-)documented protocol to do this,
> by forming a Received: header...

You mean for passing an envelope recipient - true. But it is not
particularly useful if a message has 100 or 1000 envelope recipients.

Eventually one would like (at least me) to be able to pass on
additional information without having to devise ad-hoc X-*
header fields for each new information and teaching SpamAssassin
how to parse it (like passing OS fingerprinting info about a
SMTP client, and even passing DKIM validation results to a plugin
if a caller has already performed the check).

  Mark