List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Zen?
From:       Mike Hatz <Mike.Hatz () blackcat ! com>
Date:       2008-03-30 16:18:31

Hi,

Thanks for all of the helpful tips.

1) I process about 30,000 e-mails a day, so I am good there.

2) The "dig" trick does indeed return a positive response.

3) It looks like I borked something in my sendmail.cf, because when I
send a test message to see if Zen is working, here is what I get by
sending a message to nelson-sbl-test@crynwr.com

Testing your SBL block.  See http://www.crynwr.com/spam/ for more info.
Please note that this test will not tell you if your server is open for
relaying.  Instead, it tests to see if your server blocks email from IP
addresses listed in various blocking lists; in this case, the SBL list.

Here's how the conversation looked from sbl.crynwr.com.
Note that some sites don't apply the SBL block to postmaster, so
I use your envelope sender as the To: address.

220  ESMTP
helo sbl.crynwr.com
mail from:<>
250 2.1.0 <>... Sender ok
rcpt to:<root@blackcat.com>
250 2.1.5 <root@blackcat.com>... Recipient ok
data
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself