List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Big trouble
From:       Theo Van Dinter <felicity () apache ! org>
Date:       2007-03-29 15:20:21

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 12:37:56PM +0100, Justin Mason wrote:
> > Could it be that the combined-HIB.dnsiplists.completewhois.com
> > chokes under the load of a GA/perceptron run and stops responding?
> > I've seen it unresponsive yesterday for about half an hour.
>
> odd. I guess that's a possibility... :(

Well, no actually, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with that --
the GA and perceptron simply process log files, they don't make queries.

If you mean the score generation run, which finished weeks ago btw, it's
possible but super highly unlikely.  We only have a handful of people
doing a run, and at max any of them are only going to be doing maybe 8
or 10 queries/sec, but much more likely it'd be 2-3 queries/sec.

If RBL servers can't handle the massive 30 queries/sec that we'd be
putting out, find another RBL. :)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Has everybody had a cosmic breath?  Ok, let's continue." - Susan Vick