List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Spam Scam  -  childsafenetwork.org
From:       David Cary Hart <DavidHart () TQMcube ! com>
Date:       2007-02-09 23:00:56

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:32:27 -0500 , Bowie Bailey
<Bowie_Bailey@BUC.com> opined:
> David Cary Hart wrote:
> > As a violent crime victims advocate, I might be overreacting to
> > this issue. OTOH, I can write, with absolute certainty, that
> > anyone using any of the services from childsafenetwork.org is
> > opting in for a considerable volume of commercial spam (from
> > hoodia to credit reports).
> >
> > In point of fact, the domain is registered to Paradigm Direct
> > which seems to be an affiliate of JBR Media Ventures, They, and
> > their affiliates, have done a remarkable job of seeding Google
> > search results. The real deal seems to be CSN.org. The home pages
> > are remarkably similar in context.
> >
> > If you agree with my point of view, feel free to make some noise.
> > I have written to Starbucks without reply. More information is
> > available at http://tqmcube.com/childsafe.php .
>
> Interesting.  What happens if you try to opt out of these mailings?

Since putting up the page, I have received three (unverified)
complaints that opt-outs are not honored. JBR Media used to spam
SwitchMyCellPhone.com.

BTW, all of our escalated ranges are now available in real time on
our site.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org