List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Any comments of the SpamHaus lawsuit?
From:       Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble ! co ! nz>
Date:       2006-10-16 23:48:00

Christopher Martin wrote:
> So please don't take it personally! I am more railing at the machinations of
> our respective 'elected representatives' rather than a technical issue, and
> I guess I should have left that at the door. Sorry for any offence caused!

Don't put down to politics what can be more easily explained by generic
human laziness and ignorance.

1. *.org, *.com are more popular because they make shorter FQDNs. That's
why people like them - less bruising the fingertips.

2. They are also "older" - which makes your domain look "cooler"
("hey... this company must be over 1000 years old to have a .COM
Website! Wow! I'll do all my business with THEM from now on!")

;-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417