List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Any comments of the SpamHaus lawsuit?
From:       John Rudd <jrudd () ucsc ! edu>
Date:       2006-10-11 6:25:07

Jason Haar wrote:
> I've been waiting for anyone else to bring it up - but no-one has.
>
> If Spamhaus lose this lawsuit (which they are ignoring as they are
> UK-based and this is some judge in Chicago), they may very well lose
> their ".ORG" domain - which would have a rather large impact on our
> Antispam scores for a start...
>
> http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20061009/anti-spam-lawsuit.htm
>
> "Americans to arms" I say... Start sending "Internet for Dummies" to the
> judge for starters ;-)

I'm not really sure it's such a big deal.

Spamhaus will have to resort to their UK domain.  One where the laws
entirely protect them from this kind of harassment.  We'll all switch to
using that domain instead of the .org domain, when using/referencing
their RBLs.  Oh the horror.

Meanwhile, the twit who sued them has wasted a bunch of court fees, and
made only the slightest dent in their operations.

And the UK gets to look good.  And the US government gets to look stupid
in front of the world court of opinion (like that's anything new, given
our current administration).

Where's the problem?