List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: A Note Regarding DHCP Zone
From:       David Cary Hart <DavidHart () TQMcube ! com>
Date:       2006-09-10 16:34:56

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 13:38:37 +0200, mouss <usebsd@free.fr> opined:
> David Cary Hart wrote:
> > Based upon removal requests, we are seeing a considerable
> > increase in SA usage. I added some notes to our website recently
> > that I wanted to share on this list:
> >

> What's the purpose of duplicating sorbs and other lists? This will
> only make unlisting more complicated.

We are listing a large number of ranges that SORBS does not. There
are numerous operational differences that make both lists useful.

> > Please Note:The dhcp zone also contains some static generic hosts:
> >
> so you call it dhcp but you do not know for sure that these are
> dhcp IPs???? Yet another aribtrary list? you could also include
> blars and the like in your list, if you goal is to have it large.

ALL DHCP lists include some static, generic hosts. Most of the white
listing that we handle is also listed by SORBS, some by NJABL. The
fact that we choose to discuss the matter is part of the quality
management process.

> >     * Most of these are in mixed dynamic and static ranges. We are
> > white listing these immediately upon request and verification.
> >

> Can you detail this process please? Why isn't it automatic?

It is fully documented on our site. We prefer to provide EXTREMELY
expeditious handling (usually within a hour). Furthermore, we choose
to have a meaningful dialog to help them get unlisted.

What is automated is that every removal request generates the
necessary data (from dig to whois) to evaluate the issue.

Frankly, we have made enormous progress is a relatively short period
of time.

> > It's a balancing act.
> >

> I'd say random art... Thank you for your participation to the
> "Balkanize The Internet" project.

Nonsense. The endeavor is well documented and proactively managed. Do
you have anything constructive to add?

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org