List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    A Note Regarding DHCP Zone
From:       David Cary Hart <DavidHart () TQMcube ! com>
Date:       2006-09-08 18:54:59

Based upon removal requests, we are seeing a considerable increase in
SA usage. I added some notes to our website recently that I wanted to
share on this list:

Please Note:The dhcp zone also contains some static generic hosts:

    * Most of these are in mixed dynamic and static ranges. We are
white listing these immediately upon request and verification.
    * Many of these have mis-configured DNS such as inconsistent
forward and reverse DNS or no A record for the host name.
    * In all cases, where we have received maps from the ISP, those
will override all other considerations. We are continuing to make
progress in obtaining increasing cooperation from providers in that
regard.
    * We add a dynamic range only when we received spam from the
range.

It's a balancing act.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com