List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    RE: Registrar RBL: nomination and scoring
From:       "John D. Hardin" <jhardin () impsec ! org>
Date:       2006-08-13 15:41:26

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Rob McEwen wrote:

> >I'm not sure zone transfers will be feasible, since the registrar
> >determination will be made dynamically.
>
> I think, to prevent processing overloads, you might want to cache
> results at least for a period of minutes and not recalculate
> results for every thing query. I'm sure this isn't something that
> changes that much minute to minute.

But of course! I was thinking of a TTL on the order of a week.

> There still remains the question about what **exactly** should the
> numerator and the denominator be when calculating that percentage?
> Any ideas yet?

Not from me.

It might be useful to bring this up on n.a.n.e and see what the
denizens there have to say.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin@impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org