List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: What changes would you make to stop spam? - United Nations Paper
From:       "jdow" <jdow () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2006-08-06 23:52:23

From: "Magnus Holmgren" <holmgren@lysator.liu.se>

>> For that matter, how in <censored> would an IMAP MUA handle BCC?
>> {^_-}
>
> In much the same way as when you send mail with sendmail -t, I suppose.
> The MUA adds a Bcc field and the IMAP server removes it.

That means the IMAP server must communicate with two SMTP files, data
and envelope. It has to become an SMTP server itself. It can be a dumb
one, though. It seels like an incredible amount of work for no net
gain and considerable net pain. You still have to have sendmail or an
equivalent. You need all new IMAP servers. Your MUAs have to learn to
drive those all new IMAP servers. And both users and sysadmins will rebel.

{^_^}