List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    RE: GIF Spam -- Setting up the 'OCR scanner and image validator SA-plugin'
From:       "Jeff Moss" <jmoss () Huffmancorp ! com>
Date:       2006-08-03 18:21:17

Still trying to debug SA crashing with the OCR plugin.  I extracted the
base64 encoding from one of the offending messages.  Then I converted it
to image001.gif with uudeview.  But when I try to convert it to a pnm
file from the command line I get errors.

[filter]# giftopnm image001.gif > image001.pnm
giftopnm: too much input data, ignoring extra...
giftopnm: bogus character 0x00, ignoring
[filter]#

I have no idea what's causing this, how to fix it, or if it's even
related to the crashing problem.

  Jeff Moss