List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: This list using SORBS?
From:       David Cary Hart <DavidHart () TQMcube ! com>
Date:       2006-08-02 15:43:30

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:36:34 -0400, Robert Fitzpatrick
<lists@webtent.net> opined:
> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 11:11 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
> > However, if
> > you have a non-standard reverse pointer to your domain with
> > adequate TTL
>
> non-standard reverse pointer? Our TTL is 300, is that 'adequate'.
>
> P.S. - sorry for the direct message David.

I'll digress a tad. The common example is
dot-quad-ip-address.se.biz.rr.com. Not all of bz.rr.com is static. If
you have a static IP and request a non-standard pointer you would
change the rDNS to something like "mail.mydomain.tld" that is a
non-standard unique reverse pointer. Please note that you then need
to add an A record for the host->to->IP address.

No. A 300 second TTL is not adequate. SORBS requires 12 hours. We
require three hours but we are more flexible than SORBS.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org