List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: spamcop.net tactics
From:       "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris () westnet ! com>
Date:       2005-11-23 7:29:55

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Chr. v. Stuckrad wrote:

> So simply by having users use 'vacation' or viruses/worms
> sending themselves from faked spam-trap-addresses and bouncing
> at your site, you can be blacklisted for 24 hours (for each?).

By having users use vacation without a filter to stop it from replying to
spam, or accepting virus mail then generating a new error, you are engaged
in a DDOS against the people who's address is forged into the mail. We have
users getting 3-6 THOUSAND such bounces a day.

So yes, I'm glad SpamCop is blocking sites that do this.