List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Error messages
From:       William Stearns <wstearns () pobox ! com>
Date:       2004-04-30 4:41:44

Good evening, Patrick,

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Patrick Liechty wrote:

> I am on a Solaris 9 Intel box with spam assassin 2.63.  I get these
> errors when I run /opt/csw/bin/spamd -d
>
> > unix passed to setlogsock, but path not available at
> > /opt/csw/bin/spamd line 281

	Do you have syslog running on this machine?  I'm _guessing_ that
perhaps /dev/log might not exist at all, or that the user under which
you're running spamassassin may not have permission to write to it.  It
might also be that spamd's trying to bind to port 873 and you're starting
it up as a non-root user (and non-root users can't bind to ports below
1024).
	Sorry these are guesses.
	Cheers,
	- Bill

transfer, n.:
	A promotion you receive on the condition that you leave town.