List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: [OT] Mimedefang Book?
From:       Justin <listuser () numbnuts ! net>
Date:       2004-04-30 0:19:35

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Chris Santerre wrote:

> I've been tech editing a book on SA. (Yeah, go figure!) The publisher
> noticed one of my
> comments about mimedefang in the book. She asked me if
> people would be interested in a book just on mimedefang. I haven't used it
> yet :) Anyone here that uses it got feedback for me?
>
> Would it make sense to have its own book, or be part of a larger "Email
> filtering" book?
>
> I've heard installing it is a breeze, and custimizing is where the crazy
> perl fun starts.
>
> And yes, I'm not editing it for speling. ;)

That's goud cus aur speling es rilly bade.   :-!  (missing a tooth)

I don't know if it's quite to the point of needing a dedicated book but I
do think it should have a chapter/sub-chapter dedicated to it.  It's an
awesome tool that just keeps getting better.  We recently bought into it's
commercial big daddy, CanIt Pro.  The price is low and I highly recommend
it.  It uses MD at its core.  They are continually making improvements to
it.  They've got a complete PHP rewrite for the web interface coming out
soon.  If you know Perl and have a good idea, you can certainly implement
it in MD.  When more people contribute custom filters to the project to
expand it in new directions, then it would probably warrant a book.  It's
a slick tool, nonetheless though.  I'd buy a copy if one was published
though.

Justin